Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pirate Daze are here... 2009 Edition

It's Pirate Daze time, and I'm pretty excited because for the first time, I planned ahead and got my boys Pirate costumes ahead of time (and well, this is the first Pirate Daze for the baby). They look darned cute in their pirate hats, and I've got my fingers crossed that they will actually wear them & smile for my camera. If they do, I'll be sure to innundate you with photos.

Since the Rusty Scupper Pirate website is a little hard to follow, I thought I'd post the schedule of some of the highlighted events here (Note that most activities happen along Westhaven Drive in the Westport Marina District, and you can pick up a "South Beach Bulletin" the free weekly paper and there is an insert with all the details on the Pirate Days Festival):

Friday, June 26, 2009:

12:00 noon, festival opens, Games open in Scallywag Alley
3:00 pm Mini Brig Battle in the marina
4:00 pm B.O.O.M Pirates Show (Black Powder)
4:30 pm Treasure Chest Drawings
5:00 pm Espresso Drama "Shiver me Timbers"
Lady Washington & Hawaiian Cheiftain Tall Ship Tours
6:00 pm Captain Jack Sparrow Look Alike Contest

Saturday, June 27, 2009

10:00 am Festival opens
10am - 1pm Tall ships tours
11:30 am Costume contest for amatuer pirates, wenches & Scallywags
1:00 pm B.O.O.M Pirate Performace
2 - 5 pm Tall Ships Battle Cruise (Boards at 1:30)
6 - 9 pm Tall Ships Battle Cruise (Baords at 5:30)

Sunday, June 28, 2009

10:00 am Festival opens
11:30 Professional Pirate Costume Contest
12:30 noon B.O.O.M. show


So go shiver thy timbers (whatever that means), and have a piratey great time! If you see two adorable little baby boys in pirate costumes with their mama, say hi, it's probably me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment