Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Beach Glass Treasures in Westport and Grayland


On a recent weekend road trip to Ocean Shores, I met an artist who happens to be a neighbor here in Westport. Beth is the proprietor of Seashore Collections, a small art studio that specializes in Beach Glass Jewelry. She was participating in small beachcombers fair there at the Ocean Shores Convention Center. Beth had some of her jewelry on display and for sale, and it was so beautiful.

She told me that she finds almost all of her glass on the Westport and Grayland Beaches. I love that. I love hearing about finding treasure. I don't have the patience to comb the beaches and find cool stuff. I try to keep my head down when I walk the beach in front of our home, but I don't really have the patience (and now I'm usually chasing my 2 year old). But the payoff is gorgeous, as you can see in these pictures.

To own a piece of beach treasure without the long walk, find Beth on ebay (search for Seashore Collections Westport), or at one of Westport's many street fairs this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment